Stack 10 wooden cars in this gated parking tower and top them with the sliding counter. Then see the cars drop down and the counter point to a lower number each time a car is removed from the bottom!
Extension Activities: More Ways to Play and Learn:
- Help the child to load the garage fully, matching the colors on the counting guide.
- Help the child to count the cars from bottom to top. (You can also point to the matching numerals as the child counts.) Then remove one car and count again. Narrate as you go: 'We have 10. If we take away 1, we have (counting) 9 left.' Repeat until all the cars are removed.
- Load the garage fully, with the Level marker on top. Then remove a car from the bottom and place it on top of the marker. Help the child count the cars above the marker, the cars below it, then both groups together. Repeat with other groupings and quantities to explore different ways to build the same sum.
- Use the cars as measuring tools, with one car as one unit of measurement. Find a toy to measure, then line up the cars end-to-end and ask, 'How many cars long is it?' Stack the cars and ask, 'How many cars tall is it?'
- Promote fine motor skills by challenging the child to move the cars around touching only the pegs.
- Encourage the child to create a play scene centered around the garage. Ask the child to imagine where each car needs to go as it comes out of the garage, then to bring each one home again when the day's work is done. Add block roads or other toys to the scene if you wish. Encourage the child to get creative!
Dimensions: 12" x 6" x 2" Packaged