The Melissa & Doug Palace Pals Hand Puppets four-piece hand-puppet set includes a royal collection of characters! Designed to help children and caregivers role-play together in a sweet and simple way, the prince, princess, knight, and dragon of the Melissa and Doug Palace Pals Hand Puppets set are sure to inspire countless creative stories and amazing imaginary adventures. The simple Melissa and Doug Palace Pals glove puppets fit children and adults and are easy to use, so even the littlest puppeteers can see exciting movement with very little skill - terrific for self-confidence, and also an invaluable booster for motor skills, hand-eye coordination, communication skills, parent-child bonding, and so much more! Made with brightly patterned, washable fabrics and built to last, these soft and sweet hand puppets are sure to be go-to toys for years to come.
Extension Activities: More Ways to Play and Learn:
- Help the child identify each character. Help the child give each character a name.
- Help the child describe the colors, patterns, and other details on each puppet.
- Use the puppets to ask the child questions, and let the child ask questions of the puppet, too. For instance, the puppet might ask the child what it's like to be a kid, or ask about favorite snacks, games, or friends.
- Place one puppet on your hand and one on the child's hand. Use your puppets to ask the child's puppet questions. For instance, "I like to climb at the palace playground. What do you like to do outside?"
- Use the puppets to act out a scene that's familiar to the child. For instance, you might have the prince and knight preparing for a playdate: deciding where to get together, what they will play, and when it will be time to go home. Allow the child to join in the scene or simply observe.
- Use the puppets to act out challenging social scenes, and encourage the child to help you resolve them. For instance, perhaps the dragon wants to play with the princess but doesn't know how to ask, or maybe the knight is being too bossy and his friends are upset.
- Encourage the child to make up a story of his or her choosing and act it out as a puppet show. Optional: Add a stage for the big performance, make a poster with the name of the play, and collect tickets from the audience members.
Free Shipping in Canada Over $60